An EXCITING Sneak Peek into Journaly Direct Messaging! TL;DR Weekly #5

journaly updates

Hello everyone! In this week's post I am SO excited to share a very special sneak peek with you into our next huge feature here on Journaly – a feature that may alter the communicaty feeling on the platform more than any other so far, and one that might be an even bigger project than our In-App Notification System was (remember life on Journaly before in-app notifications!?)...

📱Direct Messaging on Journaly 💌

That's right! Now that we completed the Unsplash Integration and Spam Reporting features, along with launching 62 new custom Journaly badges, we're diving into an absolutely gigantic project that's been on my mind since the beginning of Journaly: we're going to build a complete Direct Messaging system and take the community aspect of life on Journaly to a whole new level. This will enable you to deepen the connections and relationships you build here tremendously, and Journaly's magical and unique twist to Direct Messaging will bring a new dimension to how Journaly enables you to improve your language skills through these interpersonal communications...

An important note: This is truly a huge project and so I cannot promise (1) a specific timeline or (2) that some details won't change; but I can tell you that we'll be working incredibly hard to get this done until it is finished, no matter how many long days and late nights it takes.

With that being said, I just completed the first iterations of Wireframes and turning those into High-Fidelity Mockups, and honestly I'm just so excited about this that I've decided to share that excitement wholeheartedly with all of you and show you those early designs.

The Details

As always on Journaly, we will provide the core/essential features of Direct Messaging on Journaly for free, along with a few really nice features for our loving Journaly Premium users/supporters:

• Standard messaging
  • Search for a specific user to write to
  • Reply directly to a message
  • Send images
  • Block and/or report users

Premium

• Submit "suggested edits" to the other user's messages to help them improve their language skills!
  • Save messages
  • Audio messages (to be launched later along with support for audio in posts)

Another very exciting thing about this project is that a lot of the things we need to build "unlock" a number of the remaining features across the app, so after this project is done you will see a whole series of very nice features launched as well!

🥁 The Designs!

Desktop

Mobile

Are you excited?

What do you think!? Are you excited about this new suite of features? How do you think this will change your Journaly User Experience and the way you use the platform? As always, I'd love to read your comments! Feedback is of course welcome and please know that your support, encouragement, and/or excitement really does make a big difference while we're working away behind the scenes, especially on projects of this magnitude and complexity.

Wishing all of you a happy new week ahead and happy Journaling ✍🏼☀️

Headline image by lishakov on Unsplash

28