Joy of Art

Joy of Art

art
creativity

This is my first post on Journaly. I wrote this one on the Shinkansen. Next to me, my husband is sleeping with a face mask after he drank a glass of beer. Now we're on our way home to Tokyo from Ueda city in Nagano. We saw a beautiful exhibition there today. That was the only purpose of our day trip. The show introduces four artists who are related to this region. I definitely wanted to see work by a certain female artist who passed away a few years ago. She left behind a lot of amazing work. Her paintings always have something special; deep color which is generated by thin layers of color again and again, the impact of objects where we can feel something like gravity. I might be falling in love with her work. She has been appreciated to some extent in Japan. Also, there are a lot of fans like me. However, I don't think it's enough. Hopefully, much more people in the world will recognize and enjoy her work. Her creations are THAT amazing. She deserves greater praise. Even though my husband was interested in another artist in the museum today... Anyway, it was a fruitful Saturday. I'm getting sleepy as well...

0