The power of minimalism

The power of minimalism

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share my thoughts with you about minimalism.

The first person who made an impact on my way of thinking about minimalism was Matt D'avella. I've watched a lot of his videos and I can say that he is an incredible filmmaker.

The idea of minimalism is living simpler, but simpler doesn't mean easier. I feel strongly that it takes significant time and a lot effort. You need to rethink everything in your life. First off you have to realize what really make sense for your life and what's essential in your life. I'm not saying to get rid of everything and sleep on the floor. I believe that minimalism isn't the same for everyone. For instance, someone might have almost nothing in their flat, however someone might have a lot of books on the shelve and they still think that they are the minimalists. It all depends on your essentials.

There's also digital minimalism. The digital minimalism involves getting rid of all garbage in your phone. I mean apps or social media that make you procrastinate. It strikes me that digital minimalism is the hardest one, because people just don't imagine their life without a phone, especially teenagers. I used to spend an awful time on social media just scrolling a news feed or watching how people live a fake life on Instagram. I just hadn't realized that I didn't live my own life because the most part of a day I spent using my phone.

When I had realized that, I started to find out about digital minimalism and It seems to me that I don't use a phone that much how I used it before. Actually I have one excuse when I watch Netflix or YouTube videos. I totally procrastinate at that moment, but at the same time I brush up on my English and improve my listening skills haha.

The saddest part of minimalism for me that I can't use this knowledge in practice. I live with my parents and I just can't juggle it all together. I can follow these recommendation in my room, but not in the whole flat at all.

To my way of thinking, the biggest fear of everyone who wants to be a minimalist is getting rid of stuff. There's one way to make this process smoothly. You just need to get rid of stuff for 30 days. First day you get rid of one thing and then you just increase the amount of things each day. So you will get rid of 30 things by 30th day.

In my view, I need to rethink the way of buying new clothes. I assume it's a common practice to buy everything on sales. The first rule of minimalism - don't buy anything on sales and buy what you really like.

In addition, I'd like to recommend you the YouTube channel "The Minimalist". You will find out more about minimalism on their channel and they also have a podcasts.

If you have any thoughts or questions about minimalism, let me know in the comments

Marco

0