My Very First Harvest

My Very First Harvest

Hello there! Today I'd love to share the very first harvest from my new garden. Last month, I wrote about planting tomatoes, eggplants, green peppers and cucumbers in my new garden. I knew they were growing, but with so many things to do, I hadn't been paying much attention to the veggies. Then, this morning, I realized that some of them had grown enough to be harvested. I picked a few cucumbers and an eggplant and was surprised at how large they had grown.

I also pulled some beets from a planter. Beets are quite rare vegetables in Japan even though they are really good for our health. So, I decided growing them myself. It's my first time planting them. Usually, vegetables grown in planters don't become big. They are compact looking, and I still need to learn how to take care of them. Next time, I'd love to plant them in the ground.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with my harvest. It made my day!

(4636)

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Hello there! Today I’m pleased to share with you the very first harvest from my new garden. Last month, I wrote about planting tomatoes, eggplants, green peppers and cucumbers. I knew the veggies were growing, but with so many things to do, I hadn't been paying much attention to them. Then, this morning, I realized that some of them had grown large enough to be harvested. I picked a few cucumbers and an eggplant and was surprised to see how large they had grown.I also pulled some beets from a planter. Beets, even though they are a really good, healthy food,  are quite rare in Japan.  So, I decided to grow them myself. Usually, vegetables grown in planters don't grow to be very large and indeed my beets are too compact. I will need to learn how to take care of them. Next time, I’ll try planting them in the ground. As it is, I'm very satisfied with my harvest. It made my day!

5