The Chair

The Chair

interior design

Samuel needed a chair. He needed it badly, since his small cottage in the woods had caught fire and most of the furniture had got lost or was damaged beyond repair -- among it, the only four chairs he had. For months he had said unto himself how lucky he had been having managed to put out the flames just before the nearby trees caught fire. During all these months, he had also thought he could take the mishap with good face, and go on with his life just as before. However, little by little the lack of chairs began to take a toll on his back.

When he was a kid, and lived in the city, Samuel parents were in good terms with a neighbor who was an oriental wise man, or at least that was what Samuel thought at that time, perhaps influenced by Kung Fu, a very popular series they showed on TV back then. Anyway, the man must be a yogi or something, and Samuel had this lasting memory of him sitting on the floor, in the lotus position, the few times he had made a short call to his parents, in general to discuss some minor issues regarding the condo they all lived in.

/to be continued

3