And Here We Are Again

And Here We Are Again

I need to practice my writing. I will not give up to any opportunity life might offer me. Already being out of High School for half a year and having done an erroneous Turkish adventure, here we are again, back in my peninsular hometown. Yes, we still need English; yes, we still need international standarized math tests (a.k.a SAT), and being from a country where English is not by any means the first language of the great majority of population, including myself, trying to be an international student from a third world country is harder, it requires more preparation to pursue a top-level education. This is why I am here back again, to practice my writing, since it was, surprisingly and unfortunately, my worst section on the TOEFL exam. Perhaps I might qualify for a "decent" score but that is not enough. Competition out there is harsh, I really need at least to aim for 100 points, last time I got 89. Besides, this exam costs an arm and a leg and I can't be affording that exam all the time. It seems that those companies that make these tests, instead of helping low and medium income people they just don't care at all and increase fees whenever they want. CollegeBoard instead of lowering fees for overseas students they DOUBLE the SAT fee for us. No one said life would be easy, life requires preparation. I didn't study at an IB School, so those resources where not very present and the pressure for preparation for an international leves was not simply there. But the thing that baffles me the most is how most of people I know who attended an international school and posses an IB Certificate just don't even care about studying abroad! They just want to stay here in our country. What wouldn't I give for the IB Certificate! Okay, this has to be a useful -and unexpected- sabbatical. They say that luck is the precise combination of opportunity and preparation. I am aware of those opportunities out there, hence, I must prepare for them. Career prospects abroad are way better than in my home country. I will leave, I swear I will! I have and will do again, but this time will be in a decent country.

0