Journaly Update: Exciting Bug Fix COMPLETE!

journaly updates

Hello everyone!

I'm very excited to pop in with a little update to keep you all in the loop on what's been happening behind the scenes at Journaly ☀️

Amazing New Features On The Way

Firstly, I want to let you know that we have an AMAZING new feature coming soon that I am so, so excited about. This is another one that has been on our Product Roadmap since we launched Journaly – just like the "@Mention" feature we launched last month. It's so exciting that we are at the point now where we are knocking out those features that were once "dreamy" one day ideas, and seeing them become reality. Additionally, this feature will improve both the Free and Premium Journaly Experiences – so please stay tuned for that announcement!

A Very Tricky Bug FIXED

Some of you might remember the huge, massive, gigantic, enormous project that was In-App Notifications that we launched back in 2021. For context, that took about 3-months of very intense work when I was working on Journaly and YouTube full-time! Shortly after that, we discovered a very tricky bug that many of you have seen.

I designed a beautiful 2-Level Notification Feed where each "Level 1" notification you see in your feed can be clicked on and slides across to a "Level 2" notification that has a tailored design to help you digest that information as smoothly as possible. This required some pretty complex database design, which resulted in a bug where if you had a notification, "You got 3 new post comments" and then all 3 comments were deleted, that Level 1 notification was broken and the Notification Feed would explode. We implemented a short-term fix, creating the red notification you see below and preventing the UI from crashing, but the complete fix was just too complex to manage at the time.

So 2 weeks ago we finally decided to just go for it, and this morning we deployed the fix! 🎉

In case we have any Software Developers here who are interested, the solution involved setting up internal Database Functions & Triggers that perform the cleanup. You can see the code here.

YOUTUBE Update!

Finally, since a lot of you are also wonderful supporters of my YouTube channel, I thought I'd take this opportunity to provide a secret update that I have been working very very hard behind the scenes constantly taking courses, writing, and planning so that I can finally come back to publishing consistently – and I now have multiple new language videos almost ready and a pipeline of about 30 videos planned! So you'll finally be seeing my big "comeback" very soon 😄 I'm so excited, it's been a long road.

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed these updates and I hope you enjoy a smoother Journaly Experience without those horrible red notifications.

See you soon again for the amazing feature announcement – Happy Journaling!

Headline image by neringa_h_feld on Unsplash

26