Bone Conductors Headphones vs Open-Ear Headphones

community

Today is a bit different. But I also can use this as a opportunity to write my Journaly entry.

So, I was thinking of getting light headphones for my breaks at work, so that I can listen to podcasts. That means the audio quality doesn't need to be the best. But I also don't want them to break too quickly either.

I was looking around. As I hate ear plugs, mostly because they are uncomfortable and never fit, I was looking for an alternative. I found two: bone conduction headphones and open-ear headphones. They both should not put too much pressure on the ear and seem more comfortable to wear.

However, both are pretty expensive. There are cheaper options, but their high amounts of reviews on Amazon seem a bit fishy, especially since Amazon has problems with fake reviews. The negative reviews complain about the cheap headphones breaking quickly or not being what they advertised to be. In short, the usual stuff.

I plan to go to an electronic goods store (How is this actually called?) and try some of them. Just to get an idea of the fit and sound quality.

I've got some super cheap ear buds, but they pop out without me moving and I have to turn up the volume quite a bit to just hear a little bit. This shouldn't be the case and I am sure is also not that good for the ears. (Also ear buds pop out since I started to use them. I've got too small ears for them... They are not for me health-wise anyways.)

So my question is: does anyone any tip or recommendation for me?

Headline image by cdx2 on Unsplash

5