Lost and Post (just a play on words)

Lost and Post (just a play on words)

adventure
love
culture

Losing close friends is a much more sorrowful event to me in comparison to losing a lover. "That's nonsense," you might say. Not exactly. I did not say that when you break off your romantic bond is less painful or emotional. However, the wound caused by a falling out with a genuine friend hurts longer and a new friend can't heal this pain.

I am a henchman of the idea that true friendship has the same nature as true love, but with one important difference - there is no place for sexual desires, advances and intentions. As a result, your interactions and feelings toward your close friend are free from many weird or intimate deeds and behaviour. I assume that’s why we often witness cheerful, long-lasting relationships between friends and fewer among stable, happy couples. Another argument of my point is based on my own experience. I’ve seen in many cases where after divorce couples become close, supportive friends for many years and their mutual attitude towards each other becomes much warmer.

"What's your conclusion?" you ask me. Do you believe that love is worse than friendship? My answer is no. I argue that it is the same phenomenon at the core only with different context, fulfillment and ending. I am curious to know if anyone will agree with me.

6