Let's Write a Story Together (3)

Let's Write a Story Together (3)

comedy

[Originally written and suggested by @Coral, taken up by Dora_Serge: and continued by CocoPop here]

How about writing a story together? We've already read a few books together. Writing a whole story takes time and ideas don't grow on trees. I’ll start, and you just have to copy/paste what is written into a new post so that you can continue the story as you wish. You can write a paragraph, a line, or just a sentence and then publish it so that anyone else can pick up the story where you left off. You can also add some drawing to illustrate it! I'm sure this is going to be fun. And, of course, native English speakers are more than welcome to participate. Come on, let’s do it! It’ll be our lovely Frankenstory.

_______________________________________

Coral:♈he year is 2087. Humanity has survived climate change, but has learned its lesson. Borders are history and large areas of land have been devoured by seas and oceans. However, drinkable water is so scarce that on the black market they call it "the liquid diamond".

Dora_Serge: ♏arwin closed his laptop with a loud crash and stretched out. The story sucks. Poor start. Why on Earth has he become a writer? Why not a software engineer as his mom insisted? He checked the time. 7:45 am. He glanced outside. The blazing sun blinded him. Too hot for the 26th of April. Maybe a disaster story about climate change and all that stuff isn't a bad idea... However.. Let's take a morning swim first. Happily, we still have enough fresh water to fill in the swimming pool. Where the hell are my swimming trunks?

CocoPop: "♈️runks? Who needs them?! Besides, who's gonna see me in the privacy of my own back yard with all these hedges. And if they do somehow manage to get an eyeful, what's the harm? What am I, Medusa? What's the point of all this diet and exercise if the sight of me in my birthday suit sends people into tizzies?" Stealthily and silently, Marvin dragged the hose to the pool, then turned the water on just enough to top it off without making too much noise. God forbid the AquaPol should hear it and fine him again. As he stood there akimbo, in all his naked glory, a gleam caught his eye. Looking up beyond the tall hedges that surrounded his pool area, he saw what looked like a man hanging off a trellis across the street, and the gleam seemed to be coming from a pair of binoculars pressed to his face with his free hand...

_______________________________________

▶to be continued by another journaler

Instructions :

1. Copy this entire post as is and paste it into your new post.

2 Type your screenname where it says “(screenname) is working on this story at the moment”🖋️  to let people know you're writing the next part, and then publish it.

3. Write your bit of the story just below (using the option "edit post" ) and save.

4. When you're done, don't forget to delete your screenname to let people know you’re done, so that anyone else can continue the story below what you've written.

9