Autumn in Buenos Aires

Autumn in Buenos Aires

Good morning my friends, I hope you are doing fantastic. To be quite honest I do not have something inspirational to write about it. So, I will try to give a brief description of how is to live in my city Tandil, which is located 300 km south of Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina.

It is a scenic place as it is surrounded by hills which have more than thousands of years!. (maybe you have heard about it, as tennis player Juan Martin Del Potro is from here). We are also known for the good-quality of "chorizos and salamines". It is a type of snack that resembles to sausages, and combined with cheese and salad cookies they are included in my top five favourite foods.

The seasons here, are well differentiated from one another, as winter is cold, summer is hot, and so on. At the moment, we are in Autumn which corresponds with the beauty of yellow-red-ish leaves layers covering the streets, singing birds playing along with the wind, and, a powerful chilly air that shows the strength of the next season upcoming. Despite knowing that winter is around the corner, the environment is not depressing at all, for instance, sunlight is never a problem. At the moment the sun rises at 7 am, and night falls down at 18:45. It will reach its peaks in wintertime, but the light window is never inferior to 10 hours.

The cuisine in this region I must admit is not multicultural, in fact, is pretty similar to the one in Spain and France. It makes sense as my grandparents came from there, as well as a high proportion of other Argentineans ( A Big wave of immigrants escaping from World War I and II). The peculiar local feature is the massive spread of Yerba Mate and the so-known Asado (similar to the barbecue).

The distinctive characteristic of my place is the kindness of people. Everyone is friendly and ready to gather. Not necessary it needs to be a party or a special event. Just a hot mate, is a compelling reason to get together.

Thanks :D

7