Snow

Snow

weather
language exchanges

It was snowing when I woke up in the morning.

Is it something weird in that fact? It's January and I live in Europe. In central Europe, although many foreigners still think about Poland like about the country in Eastern Europe.

On the other hand, I understand it a little. If you live on the other side of the Earth (no matter which direction is that "other side") and my country doesn't impact your daily life, you don't need to be interesting in what's going on here, you don't need to know nuances. I have no idea what problems has an average person in Chile or Thailand as well, I also don't know almost anything about their cultural, politics or customary circumstances.

What about the snow? Well, a few years ago it was quite a normal thing that it was snowing since November (worse years could welcome us with frosty weather in October). There was laying snow for long months, ice on roads, and temperatures below zero Celsius degrees for many days. Nowadays, the real winter with snow and freeze is in mountains mainly. In the rest of the country is just cold, rarely veeeeery cold, and it's snowing seldomly. I have a few-year-old nephews and nieces and we never made a snowman together.

I'm sure most of you know Bob Marley's song No Women, No Cry. If I paraphrase that, I can say no snow - no snowmen. Simple.

We hear so much about climate changes. Do you think it's possible that someday we'll wake up in the world where a snowman will be known from pics only?

Just in case if you wonder what is my favorite season... No, it's definitely not the winter!! Who would like to drive on covered by ice roads?

0