PAN'S LABYRINTH

PAN'S LABYRINTH

cinema
fantasy
recommendations

Pan's labyrinth is my favorite film in the Spanish language and without a doubt the best film by director Guillermo del Toro.

The story takes place during the Franco's dictatorship in Spain. At the beginning it seems that there were two different stories that were happening at the same time, mixing the fantastic with reality, but in the end both stories come together for a wonderful ending.

The characters that impressed me most were Captain Vidal and Ofelia, his stepdaughter.

To me, Captain Vidal is one of the greatest villains in the history of cinema, his cruelty and power seems so real that you feel the anguish of his victims.

Ofelia is a strong character who rebels against the evil and pain that surrounds her and who, despite difficulties and personal mistakes, manages to do the right thing.

My favorite part of the film is the dialogue between the doctor and Captain Vidal, which is as follows:

- I don't understand, why didn't you obey me

- To obey just like that, for the sake of obeying, without questioning, that's something only people like you can do, Captain.

Do you know this movie? Did you like it? Which are your favorite films?

0