Paper VS Digital

Paper VS Digital

language learning

I was wondering, what is the best method to write a journal? Should we write journals on a paper or is the way to write on a screen is better than paper journaling? Here is a debate on this topic and I really want your opinion too because it is kind of opinion based journal so let’s get started.

Two months ago my father caught me writing a journal on MS word. The moment then turned into a debate. He actually had robust point on that. He explained his points in various ways. He said as a student of language learning I should prefer paper over screen. He said our mind storm faster when we write anything on the paper and at the same time our eyes keep searching for the right vocabulary, the sooner our hands automatically remember the spelling of a word. As he said we auto corrected our spelling so early and our mind does not grasp it properly. Does it really make sense?

No doubt with the change of the time our techniques also change. Now we are able to post our journals here and gladly corrected by someone who is interested in reading journals. When we write on a paper, we personally need a teacher to correct those errors. While in the online journaling we have amazing people from all over the world who push us to write better. I personally feel online journaling is the best method. I really want to know your opinions too because I want to know what types of struggle people do to write better in their target languages. Feel free to write anything because different people might have different views. I am also looking forward to seeing my grammatical mistakes. Your feedback is so important for me. Here you go, the comment box is yours. Thanks :)

4