Random language learning ramblings

Random language learning ramblings

language learning

So, I found journaly and thought: Wow, that‘s exactly what I need to practice my Japanese. I planned to write entries in Japanese every day, but now I feel inspired to practice all my languages alike. I like it, that on the profile page only the native language appears as “speaks” and all the other languages fall in the category “learns”. And it is true. Even if English is part of each day of my life (everything I read on the internet is in English, almost every book I read is in English, almost every series and movie I watch are in English) and on a normal day I speak more Spanish than my native language German, I never stop being a learner of these languages. And with English in particular I know that practicing to express myself will do me good. I understand almost everything, but I don’t communicate so much in English and I am extremely self conscious about my grammar. I always think I’m doing it wrong. So, here I am: When I get corrections, I will actually learn something and can improve my English, and if I get positive feedback, I will gain confidence. I will try and write 15 to 20 minutes every day here on journaly, rotating all the languages I am learning. So, if everything goes well, every sixth day, there will be a post in English. Yeah!

6