The 2018 Tomb Raider movie

The 2018 Tomb Raider movie

cinema
adventure
video games
tv series
movies

To say that Lara Croft is just another video game character is an understatement. The fictitious female video game character from England has changed the way gamers see women in video games. Lara has empowered the female role in modern pop culture.

The franchise Tomb Raider has rendered us fascinated for more than two decades now. Game after game, we could enjoy riveting adventures that have been an amazing success worldwide. Every time a new Tomb Raider game gets announced I jump of joy, as my love for the series knows no bounds.

So is the love that Lara receives, that three Tomb Raider movies have been made so far. I'm going to talk about the third film, which works as a reboot for the series. This new adaptation is based on the 2013 Tomb Raider game, in which our heroine sets off to a mysterious island so as to investigate an ancient Japanese goddess, but things get extremely complicated when she sets foot on this deadly land.

Alicia Vilkander does a splendid job playing the role of Lara Croft, and the Norwegian director Roar Uthaug gave us an exciting yet moving film, full of shocking action scenes and an unprecedented plot. The scriptwriters truly deserve my admiration as well. However, I have to say that some secondary actors' skill to convey emotions is rather questionable, to be honest.

All in all, I highly recommend this film. You won't regret watching it. It will keep you on the edge of your seat.

1