The hard work of being lazy #1

The hard work of being lazy #1

psychology
podcasts
habits

My thoughts and ideas based on this youtube video. It's really helpful and motivating podcast called The School of Life. Nice sounding and capturing videos for anyone who just keen on different psycology topics. But it is also a real treasure for English language learners as The School of Life produced terrific materials with rich vocabulary.

Let's get it started.

Sometimes I can easily slip into a specific mood. This mood can be labeled as laziness. It's a certain state of mind, when I can't face setting up meetings at work anymore, and I can't even clean the fridge at home. I learn to define this state of mind and try to do what I CAN do. All I have an appetite for at such moments is just to loll on the sofa and dip randomly into a book. If it is warm outside, I enjoy wandering down to the shops and buy a packet of biscuits. When I emotionally and physically can't do my daily routine, I can afford myself to spend an hour or so soaking in a bath.

I know, that this state of mood, so called, laziness lasts not too long (if I totally accept it and do what I tend to do). At an extreme I can spend nearly a whole day sitting by the window and stare at the clouds.

Have you experienced similar state of mind? How do you cope with it?

0