language exchanges

Hi, everyone!

I want to share my results that I've achieved for the past two months. It's been a tough journey in terms of finding out what would work for me in order to improve my English skills. However, I sorted one of my biggest problems out. I had been studying English hard but not smart, since the goal of learning any language is speaking in whatever language you picked out. Even though I had been spending hours for studying aspects such as: grammar, vocabulary, pronounciation; it completely wasn't productive. After a year studying like that, as it turned out, I didn't even can speak and not being stressed out when it came to speaking. I'm convinced that if I had started speaking earlier, my English would've been way much better than now. The reason I couldn't improve my speaking skills is I didn't have anyone to talk to, and as I've realized, I just didn't want it that much. One day I told myself that I'd got fed up to the teeth feeling stuck and being not able to express myself. So, I started looking for any opportunity in order to improve my speaking skills.

These two months have had a significant impact on my way studying English. The thing is I've been trying to talk to anyone as much as I could and sometimes I could talk for two hours straight not even realizing it. However, everything wasn't perfect in the first place. Even though I got through pressure of speaking, I felt the lack of something in my speech but I couldn't understand what was that. The thing is I noticed that my speech was poor in terms of creating structures and using fancy vocabulary. I've watched lots of videos related to this topic and I knew that grammar is an important part of English, however in daylie speech, native speakers don't use all these fancy grammar structures.

After watching the Robin's video he talks about going back to basics, I've realized there's no need to learn new grammar, since I can become more confident with going over these basics that I've missed.

Marco

0