The Electric Salt Spoon

The Electric Salt Spoon

health

Do you have trouble controlling sodium? If so, this journal entry might be helpful for you.

While chatting with my American friend on Skype this morning, he mentioned some news that I'd like to introduce to you.

According to the news, the Japanese company Kirin (It's a beer company) and Meiji university have collaborated to invent a spoon called "the electric salt spoon", which makes food taste saltier. This invention is designed to help people who have to cut down salt. The spoon sends a weak electric current to the tongue. The current is too weak to be felt. However, it makes salt taste up to one and a half times stronger. This means we can enjoy eating the taste of salt with less actual salt in our food.

I think this is great news for patients, especially who have a kidney problem. Even though I'm Japanese, I'd never heard about this before. I don't think the spoon is well-known among Japanese people either. Then, I checked out the product's page. Against my guess, the spoon is very popular and, so many people want to purchase one. Right now they are selling it through a lottery sale.

My friend and I also talked about the possibility of an electric sugar spoon. I assume this product would become more popular than the salt version. I hope someone will invent a sugar version of the spoon to trick our brains.

If you want to look at the electric salt spoon, here's the product's page: https://electricsalt.shop.kirin.co.jp/

(4631)

5