Tomorrow's Exam Prep

Tomorrow's Exam Prep

Okay, as I have said before, I actually need to prepare for my exams. In my opinion, these exams will give my curriculum a huge boost. Even though I just could write down I speak other languages besides English and my mother tongue, having an actual proof that I do speak other languages is hugely beneficial [initially wrote "benefical"] for universities' admission committees. The SAT, ugh, as a non-native English speaker might be harder, but not impossible. Nothing is impossible, it only requires full preparation and concentration during the process preceding [initially wrote "preceeding"] the test. Since these are international standardized [initially wrote "standarized"] tests, I would somewhat demonstrate that my verbal and math skills are up to scratch [googled expression; is it formal? Could I use it on [initially wrote "in"] the TOEFL?].

Today I've actually began to look at the SAT grammar, since I think preparing for this exam could be useful for improving my comprehension of those extremely weird English punctuation and grammar rules. One of the things I hate the most about the English language is that it doesn't have a unifying academia, there are a bunch [is "bunch" a world I could use on the TOEFL?] of universities that have, somehow, the historical right to regulate the English language: Oxford, Cambridge, et cetera. Then, there are super abstract thing like the so called "Oxford comma", which, if my memory serves me correctly [googled expression, I was about to write a literal translation from Spanish "if my memory doesn't fail to me"], once caused a judiciary affair [initially wrote "issue", changed after reading it twice] in the United States.

This is one of the main reasons I would advocate for an (Royal?) English Language Academia, possibly established [I was about to write "stablished", I didn't] in England since it is the place of birth of that tongue, and due to the global usage [I initially wrote "employment", but that's for work, afterwards "emploi", but that sounds too "frenchy"] would be a very useful tool for language learners since there would be a one and only academia. Of course I am talking about for academic purposes [about to write "porpuses"], since, in my sincere opinion, no regulatory body should mandate the way we speak and the tiny or huge changes we naturally make to our day to day speak.

The Spanish Royal Academia has deeply helped me to understand the, pun intended [googled expression, is this correct or how do I say "valga la redundancia"?], rules of the academic language of my mother tongue, a process that has required a lot of analysis and study for a decent comprehension of them. Furthermore, you do know who you should ask in case of a huge grammar dispute, and, even though some linguists might hate her (whose reasons I do share sometimes) I guess it is more beneficial than prejudicial.

0