A great festival Diwali

A great festival Diwali

culture

Hi friends, I hope you all are doing well. I decided to write a journal about an Indian festival Diwali.

So why do we celebrate Diwali and why is it in the news?

Diwali marks Lord Rama's return to Ayodhya, his home with his wife Sita and his brother Lord Lakshmana after spending 14 years in exile and defeating the King of Lanka, Ravana. Because they came home from far south, In celebration people row lights on their way. The name is derived from the Sanskrit term Dipavali, meaning “row of lights.” The festival generally symbolizes the victory of light over darkness. Nowadays People with sweets go from home to home to give wishes to neighborhood families. People enjoy with colorful lights and delicious sweets. Recently this festival is in the news due to some major cities which hit a severe category of air pollution. Bursting so many fire crackers at once is the major reason behind it. Apex court decided to ban fire crackers within some cities which were highly hit in past few months due to industrial pollution and stubble burning. Bursting fire crackers works as a fuel to the fire every year. So It's the duty of the people to understand the situation and celebrate this festival thoughtfully. I am very happy that some families understood what apex court decided. Now it's a cumulative effort to make it a eco-friendly festival.

3