Story 6

Story 6

creativity

"I beg your pardon?"

"Mr. Moncrieff and I are engaged to be married, Lady Bracknell."

***

"Zee, your intonation was a bit off," Bob told me.

I just nodded, listening.

"Okay, let's do it again."

Well, Bob and I are in the midst of preparing for the play. You might be wondering how on earth we ended up in this situation. Thanks to one of Bob's wild ideas.

You see, one day, Bob saw a poster about auditions for a play called The Importance of Being Earnest. He conviced me to give it a shot. I was a bit hesitant at first, but you know, since I've always wished to be in a play, I couldn't say no. So, we both went for it.

Long story short, we somehow got past the audition and I ended up with the role of Cecily. And Bob, he's playing Lady Bracknell, uttering the classic line "A HANDBAG?!" It's all pretty comical when you think about it.

Yeah, in just two weeks, we'll be on stage, donning our costumes, and reciting our lines. This will be my first time performing in a play. Just thinking about all those eyes on you, oh man, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it! But you know, I'm genuinely looking forward to this peculiar experience. We might not be pros, but we're going to give it our all.

Headline image by eltercero on Unsplash

2