Handwriting Composition

Handwriting Composition

When we write by hand, we write as we think what we want to express on paper. It might be a litter bit more difficult in English since I haven't had proper exposition to the languages besides TV series, movies, music and globalising stuff mainly influenced by the American superpower, the United States.

Definitely, it is harder writing by hand, however, when someone corrects our writing, their commentaries will help us to improve our written expression a lot since we write what actually is in our heads, not through a digital machine.

English as a global language is terribly necessary, therefore, knowing how to properly employ it for compositions is as important as speaking it. Many languages have been in the same situation through history. The most relevant ones in the Western civilisation have been Latin and French. Both of this languages were once the principal communication bridge in Europe. Thousands of books used to be written in Latin: Medical books, religious books, government ordinances, etcetera. With regard to the French language, it has been the most recent predecessor of a lingua franca before English.

French was the language of the ambassadors, envoys and diplomatic communication in general during the XVIII (the Age of Enlightenment) until World War I. Now, during World War 2, the most employed language was, as we all know, English. Ever since, French has ceased to be taught in most of public schools as a second language around the world. Even during WW2, at least in the public education of Mexico, English commenced to be among the subjects of Secondary School education, according to my grandfather's report card in 1942.

-Transcript form a handwritten text.

0