Three Little Monkeys Jumping On the Sofa

Yesterday, I allowed my son to invite his friend over to play at our house after school. His friend's younger brother tagged along as well. To be honest, I felt a bit regretful when I saw those three boys jumping on the sofa, running around, and making a mess here and there.

My son's friend said he was thirsty and opened the fridge. I told him he should ask before opening anywhere, but he replied "why?". Why? I thought it was just a manner.

I asked my Japanese friends how to tell kids if you were in the same situation. One of them said she would say "You came here because you promised to play with my son at our house, but it doesn't mean you'll be our children. If you want something, you'd better ask the person of the house."

Or, the other friend said she would share the rules before letting them come over.

My son enjoyed playing with friends, but he was too tired to do his homework at night. My son's always super grumpy when he is tired or sleepy, so it was tough to cope with him last night... I didn't tidy up his messy room because I told him to do it by himself after school today.

Headline image by allentaylorjr on Unsplash

4