The best way to learn a new language

The best way to learn a new language

I have been learning languages for several years to begin with. In my opinion the best way to learn a new language is to speak with native speakers as much as you can. I want to share my experience how I started my own path in learning English.

My first reason why I began learning English was to watch all episodes of Pokemon series. Only two seasons were broadcasted in Russian language, the rest of three seasons was in English language. The second reason was my trip to the USA.

I am autodidact. I reckon that it's better if you learn a language without a teacher or a private tutor because they use old techniques and ways in their studying. There are my ways to learn a language:

1) The first 15-20 minutes you can learn or repeat words. I advise you to learn 20-30 new words a day and then repeat before you go bed.

2) Listen everything in a language you learn. Begin with fairytales for kids and gradually go to podcasts. I listen podcasts while I drive my car.

3) Watch TV series or some programs. It will help you to learn slang and you can deep into a language environment.

4) Do not forget about the grammar. I highly recommend you to start learning grammar when you are able to understand a language by ear.

5) The last point is speaking. Nowadays you can find a native speaker easily. There are many websites on the Internet. The most importnant thing is not to be afraid while speaking.

3