The Elder Son

The Elder Son

family

When I welcomed new baby to our family, everybody gave me the same advice that I should care for elder son as much as possible, give him more priority, and make him feel special.

"What if your beloved partner suddenly brought home another wife, and everybody's into her, cheer her, compliment her? In addition to that, they told you that you have to love her as we are family now?" they said. It makes sense. I understand the elder sibling might feel lonely.

I knew in my head, but I found myself being very strict on him recently... :( I feel really sorry for him. I wanted him to do what he can do by himself, but he still need help (or just need my attention).

Today he got sick and absent from school. I think all his accumulated stress has surfaced.

By the way, in Japan, many people feel sick or tired in this season. It's called "May Sickness" or "May Blues" because it happens especially after the long holidays in the beggining of May. We start new school term in April, and new environment can cause a lot of stress from hopes and fears. After a few weeks, the long holidays (which is called as Golden Weeks) begins. It's said that we easily get sick because the tension gets away after the holidays.

Now I take my son to see a doctor. Actually I don't go out bacause it's online. What a convinience era!

6