Australian GP

Australian GP

Hi guys!

After 2 weeks or so, I'm finally back. I forgot to upload my text about the Saudi Arabian GP. I had written it right after the end of the race, but I didn't write finish the text, so I decided to finish it another time.

However, when I opened the page to write the text it was completely blank, I don't why this happened, since Journaly store is able to store your text, in case you want to finish it another time.

The race was so bad that I didn't even bother to write about it.

The Australian GP was sort of interesting, but still it wasn't good. So far in this championship I feel like there wasn't a single good race, unfortunately.

The race started well, Russell managed to get the first place right in the first corner against Verstappen.

Hamilton also managed to overtake Verstappen, so at this point I was already happy, because during that weekend the Mercedes' cars were better when compared to previous races.

Perez started in the end of the grid because during the qualification his brakes weren't properly working, so he drop out in the Q2 after hitting the car.

Unfortunately, Leclerc skidded off the track and his car got struck, so he didn't get back to the track, and had to leave the race right in the first lap. He's been having a tough championship.

Albon was having a good weekend, if I'm not mistaken he managed to get to Q3 with a Williams' car, this is incredible!

However, in the 7th lap he lost the control of the car and ended up hitting it, and also causing a safety car.

During this safety car Mercedes decided it was a good idea to change the tyres of Russel's car, I also thought it was a good idea, but after that there was a red flag, so all cars had to stop.

So what was a good idea turned out to be horrible, because he only dropped to the 7th position. And his new tyres advantage wouldn't make any difference, since during the red flag all cars can change the tyres.

Hamilton were in the first position, Verstappen in the second, and Alonson in the third position.

When it was allowed to use the DRS I already knew Hamilton wouldn't manege to keep Verstappen at bay, his car is very slow when compared to Verstappen's car.

It was so funny seeing Verstappen overtaking Hamilton, it was like he wasn't even speeding up to the max.

In the 18 lap there was a problem with Russel's engine, it started to catch fire and he had to drop out of the race.

Russell was having a great weekend, sadly he wasn't not in luck.

And the race was basically this way, Verstappen with a big gap to Hamilton, and Hamilton trying to keep Alonson at bay.

The shocking moment of the race was in the 57 lap when Magnussen hit the wall, and his tyre came off the car.

So, there was another red flag to take off the tyre of the track.

In the restart of the race there was a big crash right in the first corner, wich means it would have another red flag...

Sainz took a penalty of 5s because he hit Alonso's car in the restart, which caused Alonso to drop out to the last position.

During the red flag got back to the third position, because the lap wasn't fully completed so all that ocurred during the restart was cancelled, but Sainz penalty wasn't removed.

There wasn't a third restart per se, basically al the cars completed a lap in a slow speed just to finish the race.

The race finished with only 12 cars, I think since I started watching Formula 1 this was the lowest number of cars that I saw finishing a race.

Overall the race was very boring, I don't know who was the best driver, I'd say there wasn't a best driver.

The next race will be in 28 Apr, I hope we can finally have good race.

I'm also going to try to write about it right after when the race is finished, it will be much better.

1