Thank You Journaly Spam Army! TL;DR Weekly #6

journaly updates
community

Hi everyone and happy Sunday from Journaly headquarters (my apartment) in The Bay!

We recently launched our spam-reporting feature alongside a nice suite of "jadmin" tools for me to use behind the scenes to make actually removing spam posts and users much easier, faster, and safer. In today's post I just want to share what happened after that launch and the power of having such an amazing community of Journaly users.

The Power of Having Amazing, Supportive, Dedicated Users

As many of you know, it's a pretty huge challenge for me to run Journaly and be the Developer, Designer, Customer Support Representative, CEO, Social Media Creator, and whatever else needs to be done. So even with our new spam-reporting tools it would be very hard for me to also be in charge of constantly monitoring everything and hunting down every last spam post by myself. Thankfully, I didn't have to! Because the Journaly family came together like always and many of you scoured the feed and helped me track down spam posts even dating back to 2021 🔥

In total, together we removed 114 spam posts from 28 offending users. All of you who reported these posts received our shiny new "Spam Reporter" badge – let's all give a big thanks to these wonderful spam-reporting heroes for helping us all have a clean, warm, happy, encouraging, and supportive environment and culture on this platform.

We Have Something Special Here

I might be a bit of a broken record here (a nice expression for English learners 😆), but before I let you go I just want to say that I really feel that we have something special here on Journaly. So many of you are so dedicated, passionate, and supportive of not just the Journaly platform but also of me - and I am so fortunate and grateful for that. I can give 1,000 examples, but this is just the most recent example of how awesome Journaly's users and our community are. I've personally never used an app or product where the people creating and using it are so connected and I just love it. Let's just take a moment to appreciate how cool it is that we're all here and that we have a mighty Journaly Spam Army keeping its own community safe.

Happy Journaling and see you next week for another small but exciting update!

Headline image by miinyuii on Unsplash

21