JJOA's Brother's Surprise Birthday Party!

family

My brother turned 18 yesterday, but he had university and our parents were working so we didn't actually had an opportunity to celebrate it, just a small cake at 11:00pm and a candle of the house. But they didn't want to leave it there, so my mother planned with one of my brother's friends a surprise party! Oum... but if my dad has work and my mom has to buy everything for the party, who is going to set up the place?

Oh fuck.

I woke up, and I was already getting ready for going to the gym. But something about the day was kinda strange, it didn't seem to be 7:00am, so I checked my phone and realized that it currently was 10:00am. "Thank you alarm! I knew I could trust you bro." I said sorry to my friend for leaving him alone in the gym and made a change of plans, "Let's study English then." But as soon as my mom noticed I was already awake she came to me and started talking about some random party, but while she talked non-sense I just could think about how much I wanted to play a video game and study later.

My mom talking about some random things: "So that's what we're going to do, got it?"

JJOA's mind: "It is Diablo II then, I'll try installing the torrent and if I like the game I'll buy it."

So a difficult journey began. You can't imagine how difficult it was installing just a single game, it was worth it tho. It took me two whole hours because I had to upload some graphic drivers, download a VPN because mega was begging me to pay and I don't remember what other things. I'm changing the topic tho, going back to that party... "I think I had to welcome some guests at 5:30pm, so I'll take a bath and get ready at 5:00pm! Fucking genius, I'll set an alarm then.

...

Oh god please tell me you're kidding."

I had gotten so immersed in the game that I had lost the sense of time. It was already 5:20 when I was setting the alarm. I got up from my desk, grabbed my phone and put some good music. Then I proceeded to speedrun taking a deuce, taking a bath, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed. If you're wondering if I made it in time, I can proudly say, Indeed.

My mom had bought everything, even when my brother's friends had said that they were going to bring the food, cutlery and that stuff. But she being paranoid decided to buy all those things just in case. The first friend who arrived and me went to the party's place to start decorating, but as soon as he saw my bag full of the stuff they were supposed to bring he said, "Yo wtf? they are gonna get mad." So we hid everything in a cupboard, hoping nobody opens it.

All my brother's friends were already there, even my dad. I was expecting them to help but everyone just started blowing more and more balloons, so I continued on my own along with that first friend. It looked like a kid's birthday, but I liked it. I actually didn't talk with any of them, I don't know them and I'm a bit shy so I avoided any contact. Hopefully my childhood friend came so I could talk with someone and don't look like a loser.

Everything went great, my brother got surprised, I ate cake (what a good cake!) and then pizza! Until my friend had to leave because he had another party to attend, I accompanied him to the exit and then got nervous. That room was filled with 18 people and I just knew one of them, "You got a lot of faith if you think I'll stay there." I came and left sometimes helping to bring food or organize stuff until I got tired and came home. It was 9:00pm and I hadn't studied even a bit.

But at the time I'm writing this, they are all in the living room drinking and dancing. I'm kind of trapped in here now. My brother's friend who helped me sometimes enters and talks with me, he even brought me a drink when I hadn't asked for it (for legal reasons, this is a lie). I feel a bit ashamed but I prefer this than being there not doing anything.

That was today's post, I hope you enjoyed it a bit! Thank y'all for reading and correcting any mistakes. All see y'all tomorrow!

JJOA of the future here, sup. I just finished reviewing my post and I was going to publish it but that first friend came here again and signed the board of my living room (with a permanent marker, it was a mistake tho). Just wanted to leave the photo here.

...

It's a premium feature, I guess I can't lol.

2