JJOA's Totoro's Love!

JJOA's Totoro's Love!

love

Good morning y'all, how are you doing today? Today's post will be about Totoro and why I love him! Or why at least I have him in almost every pfp.

I watched My neighbor Totoro around one year ago, I was "accompanied" by an online Mexican friend I had (he has my same name!) We used to watch some anime series on it and then we moved to movies, we first watched the "Erased" anime, then "Angel Beats" and then some others until we arrived to Totoro. Btw, he shared with me his Netflix account in order for this app to work lol.

I'll be completely honest with y'all, we didn't pay much attention to what we were watching, we would just talk on Rave's chat or he would use voice chat while eating or singing. We weren't there for the media, we were there for spending some bro time. And Totoro was not the exception. I remember thinking that the movie was boring as hell so we just talked about the characters or made jokes about their appearances. I wouldn't even be able to tell someone Totoro's plot. Even when I look for some Totoro pfp I find characters or scenes of the movie that I don't remember seeing. I know about Totoro as much as someone who hasn't watched the movie yet.

So the question arrives "Why do you like Totoro then?" I think the answer is a bit obvious... Don't you think he's cute? He's literally like a giant hamster mixed with a bunny, and he has super powers! I think I should give the movie another try but this time alone, maybe my opinion will change.

As you can see, I wouldn't even say I love Totoro nor its movie. Before Totoro I used to have some anime goals with that same friend (I was always the girl, no idea why.) I remember have used a pfp of Saiki, Nisekoi, No game no life, K-on and Bungo stray dogs, but I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

If you've read "A beautiful good-for-nothing vacation" you may have noticed that I talk about a online friend that gets me into anime, that guy is the same Mexican friend I'm talking about here. We started a good friendship since that moment, that lasted a year and half I believe. We would talk everyday and he would even help me in some online classes. We started separating when presential school became a thing again. Now we don't talk ever, the last time we wrote each other was reminiscing about the past. Maybe I stay with Totoro's pfp because they remind me of him, we'll never know. I think he has been the closest friend I've had since moving to a new school, he accepted and shared my likes, while in school I have to hide those likes because they make fun of them. A good guy indeed.

I used the name Totoro twelve times on this single post. Nice. This has been the post for today, a bit shorter than usual, I know. Maybe I'll write another at night, no promises tho. Have good day, thanks for reading, thanks for your corrections and keep up with the language learning!

2