Social media addiction

Social media addiction

education
health
habits
recommendations

Hello everyone

I've been thinking about the topic of my new post for a while and I've decided to touch on the subject that really concern me a lot.

There are two sides of social media. Clearly, it's the great opportunity to make new friends or keep in touch with the whole world. You can do everything that you want on the Internet. However we spend a lot of time doing nothing there and I'm inclined to believe that it might be a medical diagnosis. We spend significant time for just scrolling a news feed or watching videos that don't make any sence. Don't get me wrong, I like watching Netflix or youtube videos, but sometime we don't even noticed that we do nothing besides lying on the bed with a phone in hands.

I didn't even think about how much time I spend on social media before the screen time hadn't appeared. I could spend 3 or 4 hours just on social media, not to mention overall screen time. Then I'd started trying to reduce my screen time and I had found out about digital minimalism. I'm actually working on my social media addiction and I can't say it's going well. People just don't think they have an addiction, however they instinctively pull a phone out of their pocket having a free time and It's frustrating me.

Additionally I want to share my thoughts with you. Someone might find this weird, however I want to back this time when people meet and get to know each other without using social media. I watched the tv-series "How I met your mother" and it kind of inspired me. It strikes me that having a social media make it worse.

Marco

0