Appreciating the time

Appreciating the time

reading
cinema
fantasy
philosophy
culture

I've started reading the novel 'Ulyssess' by James Joyce and I immediately fell in love with it. I love the style, characters and dialogues. It is all so fascinating. Usually I try to read at least a few pages a day. But sometimes there are days when you are too busy (or do not have good time-management skills). Hence I had not read for four days and when I picked it up again it was like you are going to a new world with original, intelligent people. I do not want to be judgemental towards modern society and call them stupid, but sometimes I think that people are in too much of a hurry nowadays. We do not allow ourselves to stop and think in earnest.

But I stop being pessimistic when I remember Woody Allen's movie 'Midnight in Paris'. The main character wanted to live in (19)20's, but then prefers the conveniences of modern life. So we have to appreciate our past and also the books and movies, which allow us to connect with other culture, and present, because everyday we are witnessing creating history.

0