People could never live in cashless society

I chose to talk about this statement which I agree with. First, I would like to list some examples which prove the fact that cash is still vital and has its part in our society.

Imagine being able to pay just by your credit card. It would mean that you had always access to your entire budget which would easily lead to overspending. Having cash is practical because you can feel and see the value of your purchased object. If there was no cash, many people would go bankrupt.

Another reason which speaks for having cash is that elderly people couldn’t manage their financial transactions. It is quite common that old people struggle with the electronic word. Banning cash would exclude them totally.

Giving up on cash would also hit the tipping culture. As a waitress or receptionist, you are expected to get some extra money from your guests. In the ideal case, tipping improves low salaries in hospitality. Considering how underpaid people in those branches are banning cash would make working there completely impossible.

If we go beyond the surface, it is obvious that paying with card means less privacy. Every time, if you use your debit card, you give about yourself valuable information to your bank. Unfortunately, those pieces of information are often misused for commercial purposes. Another risk to consider is that cybercriminals can easily drain your bank account after paying and forgetting the certification about it. Paying cash is always safer if you don’t trust the payment system of the given country or institution.

All in all, having cash is a necessity because it has lots of advantages which outweigh the disadvantages.

2