senses

senses

adventure
meditation

the birth of the idea

I was about to write a post for practice, but I didn’t want to write an exam-like post. I was thinking about the topic when i smelled scent of a meal that my father was preparing (for the record, the scent wasn’t a scent of a mouth-watering dinner it was more like… the smell of burning). It gave me an idea - i am going to write, very briefly, about how we can explore world through senses.

my attempt to make my thoughts understandable

Actually I have been thinking about it for some time now. I believe that we are not giving enough attention to the senses mostly to hearing, touch and smell. These days some may argue, and say that for instance hearing is more visible ;) in our live, due to streaming services where people can listen to high quality music, podcasts, live concerts etc. I agree that sound is around us more than ever, but is not giving an explorative kind of vibe, don't you agree? Sound that is constantly around us is a distraction. Only small part of population is actually listening:

• to what other people have to say (usually we are waiting for our turn to speak again)
  • to the music; i mean listen carefully, focus and listen to a sound, let it overwhelm you;
  • to the nature on a lonely walk;

you can even give a chance to the silence, who knows maybe you will find something in it. I believe that it can fosters a moment of reflection in a day. Only while listening carefully we can explore our music taste (we are able to notice what we like and what we don't, we can give a reasonable opinion), we can find uniqueness in sounds .

Hearing is only one of four. In my opinion the most important is not a sense aspect but exploring and reflection in life that can be reach through senes.

I think, that from time to time we should forget about Wikipedia and the whole knowledge that is thought to be true. We should act like Leonardo da Vince or like a child, be curious ! Let's try to explore through touch, sound, smell and picture, try to find an explanation to things that you don't understand, firstly thinking about it yourself.

2