Language learning problems

Language learning problems

Today I was listening to a great podcast about language learning. The podcast was in the form of a dialogue between English teachers and students. There were a lot of interesting questions. After listening I feel that everyone who learns a foreign language has the same problems. I can identify with the guests of the podcast, we are perpetually struggling with the same problems.

A very interesting point of the podcast was the question about goals in language learning. Do we need a goal and what kind of goal?

It's so obvious that the main goal is to speak fluently or become a fluent speaker, but I think that's not enough. I try to set small daily goals for myself. For example, my daily goal in learning German is to write at least 10 sentences and use the words I have learned. Maybe in time this will become my habit and I will have to look for a new daily goal, but for now it is a big challenge. But I am always very happy when I can say before going to bed that I have achieved my daily goal.

4