If it's meant to be, it will be...   (part 1)

If it's meant to be, it will be... (part 1)

travel
adventure
memory
culture
intercultural communication

If someone had told me 15 years ago that I would go to the states, I would've called that person crazy. All I knew in English was "My name is Alex" and "This is a table". I guess, if I'd said "I am Groot," I would've been understood better. Plus, the US seemed so far away and so unattainable. But never say never.

I changed jobs several times before I realized that life is too short to be miserable and do things you don't like to do. I decided to take a risk and make my dreams come true. But in order to do that I needed to learn English from scratch. I had managed to save a couple thousand dollars before coming to that conclusion. I know it's nothing, but take into account that I lived in a post-Soviet country and was just in my early twenties.

So, I made the decision to get a job that can give me a chance to travel, explore new places, and meet people from different corners of our planet. I "gambled" (in the figurative sense, of cause) and invested all my money in a personal English tutor. It struck me that in 60-70 years' time when my days come to an end, I would regret not having taken a chance, even if the odds were not in my favor. Some of you might say: "Oh, come on! It's just two thousand dollars!" but it took me nearly 5 years to save up such an amount of money (life can be tough in some countries, believe me).

P.S. This my VERY first post here and my English is still far from perfect.

Thank you for reading it!

To be continued...

3