My First International Experience

My First International Experience

travel
adventure
linguistics

Hey there! I'm Fred, a 23-year-old Brazilian guy from a landlocked state in the southeast of Brazil called Minas Gerais. I'm currently living in the capital of the state, a mid-sized city called Belo Horizonte. It's not a huge city but it isn't a village either and I genuinely enjoy living here. So, I'm a geography enthusiast but I've never been abroad. However, this is about to change. I'm preparing to travel to Ukraine and I'm particularly excited about it because it'll be my first international trip.

I've been studying English for almost two years now and I'm confident that my current level will be enough to get by there. Even though English is not widely spoken in Ukraine and I definitely don't speak Ukrainian or Russian, I'll be staying at a hostel with other international students from all over the world and we'll basically just use English to communicate with each other. Besides that, I'll be working as an intern for a Software Engineering Company where I'll also just speak in English. Thus, I hope to improve my English while I'm there and I hope to make new friends as well. When I come back to Brazil I'll have spent two years of my life studying English. Depending on what level I'm able to achieve with these two months of immersion in another country (and I'll keep studying English in the usual way while I'm there) I'll start giving more attention to my Spanish skills. I love Spanish but I honestly haven't gotten the time to take it as seriously as want to yet.

So guys, thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'll see you in the next one. Bye!!

Fred Magno.

2