Multilingual Book Club ROUND 03 - Announcement Video & Details!

multilingual book club 03

Hello everyone! I just wanted to pop in with a wee post to let you know that the announcement video for round 03 of our splendid Multilingual Book Club is live on my YouTube channel, and I thought it could also be nice to summarise all of the details here directly on Journaly as well.

Our Theme

Rather than a specific book, this round's theme will be discovering the wonderful Italian author, Alessandro Baricco! The primary book selection is Seta (Silk) and for those who have extra time and would like to continue discovering Baricco together, I have also selected Novecento.

My Strategy

The first book is 100 pages and the second is 50 pages, so my personal strategy will be to read four pages per day, which would enable me to complete both books with a little bit of a buffer. I'd like to try reading my four pages in the morning (more intensively for meaning), and then re-read them at night before bed (more relaxed for pleasure and review).

Other Details

Duration: 6 weeks

Start: Monday, September 13th, 2021

End: Sunday, October 24th, 2021

WEEKLY Livestreams! 🙌🏼 : Every Sunday at 5pm (UK time)

Giveaway: Each week, three people who wrote a post on journaly with the topic "multilingual book club 03" will be randomly chosen and win a free month of Journaly Premium 🎉

I'll also be posting about my own experience on Instagram @_robinmacpherson as well as at least one post per week here on Journaly. I'll be sending out a short little motivational email to the mailing list once per week just as a nice little treat to keep us all on track, and Patreon supporters will also get access to my reading notes, which I'll really make a big effort to organise nicely this time!

How about you? Do you have any particular reading and/or journaling strategy in mind? I can't wait to see all of your Journaly posts and to have wonderful engagement and discussion together. After a short two-week rest from the book club, let's come back strong and have an absolutely amazing round 03 🥳

21