Someone remember me?

Someone remember me?

reading
design
creativity
productivity

And yes, this little piece of text is about my toxic relationship with blogger.com

why toxic?

well, It was the year 2005 approximately, when we had our first meeting. It was love at the first sight. My teenager necesity (and I still have it) of write about my childhood and comun life on Internet finally could make it come true. My first posts in blogger were something like: "Today was a beautiful day, I come back from school early and I ete pizza with my family at night" (beautiful memories by the way but we still eating pizza lol), anyway, it was a good space for a girl to express her feelings and thoughts even if no one read them.

But my time in the platform increase with the time, the relationship was starting to get kinda addictive, especially when I discovered the HTML code language and in the other hand my older sister brought me to the photoshop world. This combination was drug. did you realize the infinite possibilities that you can find in that world? It was aaaawesooomeeee. I spent entire nights changed and creating bloggers (in that point I had more than just one), downloading fonts, vectors, templates, brushes, textures... I can still feel the excitement in it. Hours and hours in that beautiful space of try and failure. But nothing is forever.

What can I said?... I don't have regrets of anything, all the knowledge and skills that I developed there, is something really precious for me now. But the dependency and obsession didn't let me sleep and I was continually thinking about what it would be my next modification in my Blog. And don't let me talk about the amount of the follower, comments and likes, because I spent more hours in reading and comments infinite posts like the pizza one and comment them just because I wanted someone how noticed me. All of this, of course, made me feel anxiety that I lived with for at least a couple of years.

The good thing (I believe) is that I'm always trying to improve myself and scanning me, if you want to put it in ther words, I was always asking me "what is wrong with me?" (and I still doing it sometimes). And this question made me realize my toxic blogger relation and of course, I stepped aside. I will be honest, we maked up sometimes, but nothing significat.

Thank you for read this, maybe you had a better relationship with the platform than me. Let me know. And what about me now? Well I'm trying a polilove with Youtube, Instagram, Discord and other ones. (Don't judge me) at least I feel free and with no regrets (like always).

0