Quarterlife Crisis

Quarterlife Crisis

I am 23 years old. I'm finishing my bachelor's degree and I don't know what I'm going to do after that. Talking with one of my best friends I realized that in this age we have a lot of things in mind, expectations, doubts, fears, frustation and disappointments. So for that reason I researched a little about this kind of crisis. It was not amazing but was good find that there is a name for that phase of our lifes: Quarterlife Crisis. According to some resources some emotionals aspects are:

• You feel the need of stablishing a long emotional relationship with a partner.
  • Frustation or disappointments because of the labor field.
  • Perception that all people around you have a better life or are getting or doing more in life compare to you.
  • You feel afraid because of your financial matters.

I was reading an article to find inspiration for this writing. It was interesting to read about some behaviours that I have commonly. I'm ashamed to accept that, but for example sometimes I cry alone in my room without an apparent reason. In this case to talk with my friends and my sister about my feelings help me in many ways. I can find some of them feel the same or they experimented that in the past. They can give some advice and I can try to apply them. Sometimes I found refuge in my books or learning new things. Maybe with the Covid and the social crisis in Colombia young people feel crazy about the future, jobs and many more things. Right now I can remmember a phrase that one famous Peruvian writer, he said that Latin American people find peace and calm in the idea that our life is not forever and this life is gonna end early or later. How depressed are my text today, but I wanted to talk about something that probably you are experiment too, who knows.

1