The prince (Machiavelli)#1

The prince (Machiavelli)#1

I have bought some nice books ,but I never have read them before . So ,those days I decided to read one of these interesting books,kicking off with " The Prince" of Nicholas Machiavelli .

This book was written and gifted by Machiavelli to Lorenzo de Medici,Duke of Urbino and Ruler of Florence.

Essentially ,in this book Machiavelli advises Lorenzo on how to conquer and maintain a kingdom.

In the beginning, Machiavelli dedicates the book to the Ruler as a gift ,hoping he receives and reads it.

Then ,in the following eight chapters, Machiavelli has the task to explain to the prince all kind of principalities and kingdoms that exist.

He starts off explaining on how a principality can be conquered, bebeing it hereditary or new.

I did not finish reading this book yet ,but one of the interesting points of it ,it is the fact that Machiavelli has studied a lot of history to bring many concrete examples, be it what must be done by a prince or what must be avoided by a successful Ruler.

Another positive point is the language used by Machiavelli: it is like a manual to the king. He explains step by step what the prince should do ,just like he was there by the prince's side .

Later I will be back telling the rest of story and what were my thoughts about it.

Be free to do the corrections to this text. Thank you!

0