"Real" German in Podcast

"Real" German in Podcast

podcasts
movies
dialogue

Learning spoken language with podcast is a good idea, but in how many podcasts do we encounter actual spoken language? I don’t want to miscredit podcast for learners or with a more journalistic approach, though, looking for real spoken language in podcast may be an eye-opener.

Today I want to present to you the German movie podcast “Projekt Chaos” that I enjoy listening to a lot. The hosts, Jakob and Patrick, are two German students and cinema enthusiasts who regularly invite especially young guests to talk about interesting movies. The election of the movies tends to be unconventional and through this podcast, I found some great movies I had never heard about. In their recent episode, they talk with the young podcaster and author Ole Nymoen about Laurence Anyways (2012) by Xavier Dolan. The hosts and their guests are eloquent, but they represent the language spoken by students and the younger generation. Sometimes they use an English word, or their sentences are grammatically a bit odd. But this is exactly how we speak.

Listening to these “real”-German podcast is an amazing way to test your listening comprehension and become an interesting conversation partner at any German student party. Germans sometimes seem to be a bit reserved but once you click on the right button they speak like a waterfall.

Enjoy!

0