FCE Cambridge Essay (famous people)

FCE Cambridge Essay (famous people)

Hi everyone!

I'm preparing for the B2 Cambridge exam so I'm practising writing essays. I would like you to assess this one, please. The exercise said: 'The private lives of famous people should not be made public' What do you think? Write your answer in 140-190 words.

Almost everyone has thought about how their lives would change if they become famous. However, I think ordinary citizens are not aware enough of the negative side in famous people’s private lives, since they are often too exposed to the public.

Firstly, I would say that people are interested in popular celebrities as humans are curious by nature. Furthermore, I think teenagers are interested in famous people in order to become more similar to those people who they admire.

Secondly, in my view, famous people should not be considered as role models, since we can see simply what they want to show. World-known famous people such as Maradona do not deserve to be as admired in their private lives as in their professional ones.

In addition, I think social media networks, TV and press are the main causes of making public famous’ lives, simply to get benefit from them.

In conclusion, from my point of view we do not have to take too much notice of famous people’s lives. Average people’s lives are a lot of times more interesting and sincere than famous ones.

I'll really apreciate your feedback. Thanks.

0