Reading La sombra del viento in three different languages

reading
literature
language learning
multilingual book club 01

I decided enjoying at Multilingual Book Club because I have always looked for a book club, even a physical book club. However, on my job I usually travel a lot and I cannot compromise myself on these meetings, otherwise I would not be able to participate in all meetings that a book club requires. Then it has been always a desire not achievable. But when I saw Robin’s video about the Multilingual Book Club on youtube I became ecstatic.

I started reading the The Shadow of the Wind in January in English and at beginning I liked a lot, so I thought: Why not to read this book in English while listening and another language? Then, by using the same subject, the same story – which I was so involving -, I could take advantage of that by improving both languages. Then I started listen to La Sombra del Viento in Spanish.

It has been such an amazing experience. I always listen to the chapter in Spanish before to read the chapter in English. And the narrator in Spanish is marvelous!

I have been liking so much that I have decided to enlarge that experience by doing the same in another language: French. Basically, I started to listen the audiobook in English at the beginning at the book and then, I read the book in French in sequence, chapter by chapter.

Therefore, now I am listening the Chapter 21 in Spanish and in the sequence, I am going to read the Chapter 21 in English. At the same time, I am listening the Chapter 6 in English and in the sequence, I am going to read the Chapter 6 in French.

In the next text I will tell you a little bit about the results of it, I mean, how this experience by listening and reading through four ways has been expanding my perception of the different aspects of reading in different languages and has been deepened my perception about the plot.

By for now. Alex

0