Self introduction post

Self introduction post

podcasts
hobbies

Hello everyone,

This is my very first post on Journaly, community that I discovered a few days ago by listening to the Culips podcast (culips.com). I listen to this podcast daily (while washing the dishes) and I do warmly recommend it. This post is an opportunity to introduce myself and to practice my written English at the same time. I'm 47 year old, married and father of three children from 8 to 14 yo.

My education background is in physics and mechanical engineering and I have been working as research engineer for almost 20 years now. I'm fond of science, relevant technologies (more low tech than autonomous vehicles to tell you the truth), of drawing and painting (only watercolor which is to me the simplest and richest way to add colors to my sketches). I'm concerned (to not say more) by climate change and the climate-energy issue. This is a part of my job as a project manager at the local university setting up and managing research and education projects.

About the English language, I wasted many years at school to learn a few words and grammar rules but at the end I was unable to have a basic exchange in English. For many years now, besides my day-to-day job, I have been educating me mostly by reading newspapers (Time, the Guardian) and listening to podcasts (Anthropocene Reviewed, Philosophize this, ...). I would like to improve my English in terms of relevancy, precision and grammar.

Talk to you soon and take care,

Heathcliff

0