Thougths on Norwegian Wood  by Haruki Murakami

Thougths on Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

reading
literature
fiction
recommendations

First of all, finishing this book was a huge achievement because it was the first book of fiction that I finished that was completely in English. And It was a good choice to start with this book because of the simple way in which it was written. Also, I chosen this one by reason of the fact that several characters have the same age as me and I feel relatable to them. As well, this is my first approach to the literature of Haruki Murakami.

The story begins when Toru Watanabe in a plane to arriving in Germany suddenly he hears an instrumental version of the Beatles song Norwegian wood, and the music overwhelmed and transport him back to the memories when he was 18 years to his college days and his relationship with Naoko in Japan. Before Toru Watanabe falls in love with Naoko, she was girlfriend's Kisuki his bestfriend, until one day Kisuki commits suicide and everything falls apart for Toru and Naoko, this fact made them walk away until university when they begin to go out and feel something special with each others. The past and Kisuki's Suicide made Naoko suffer anxiety attacks and she it's interned in a sanatorium. Afterwards Toru sends letters to Naoko, and she feels better with that. Thereafter Toru meets Midori, she it's the contrast of Naoko.

I've never felt so many emotions reading a novel; I cried in several scenes and the beautiful scenery transmit calm and peace. I feel so able to relate with the characters. And take it some quotes as life lessons, themes about death, live, love, existentialism are essential throughout the story in addition the maturity it's one of the themes that make me think it a lot about me, reading this book in my 20s hit me so hard somehow made me feel good, I always remember even though we may be lost, we can continue to live as long as we try.

If you have the opportunity to read this book, give it a chance maybe you like it. Until next time good night

.

0