Three songs

Three songs

music

Every day we hear various songs - soundtracks, musical radio programs, the albums of our favourite bands. However, some of them are especially memorable, because these songs are linked with people or places in our life.

I would like to tell you about three songs.

The first one is "The sea is wide". It was the favourite song of my grandfather. He lived in the village all his life, so military service was the most memorable event in his life. He has been serving in the navy for five years. Nowadays it's unbelievable! I remember that he often sang this song.

The second one is "Nightingales, nightingales". I was born in little town Vyazniki. This town is a homeland of favorite Soviet poet Alexey Fatyanov. He is an author of many Soviet songs. There is an annual Fatyanov's festival in Vyazniki. I visit this event every year since I was a child. "Nightingales, nightingales" is an anthem of the festival, so it's totally linked with my native town.

The last one is "Nothing breaks like a heart". Two years ago my family and I visited Montenegro. We rented a car and drove along the coast. We listened to the radio and this song sounded very often. It seemed it was the top of European chart at that time. If I listen to this song nowadays, I always recall our family trip.

0