Scarred Hearts

Scarred Hearts

literature
creativity
movies

Hello everyone! How are you?

“Scarred Hearts” is the Romenian book written by Max Blecher, which became a movie in 2016. The movie tells the story of Emanuel, who got a disability that affected his backbone. He needed to be in a sanatorium with people such as him. He used to walk with the help of “wheelbeds” during the period in sanatorium, because he was completely plastered. He made friends and took part in parties with them, even with all of the challenges.

“Do you know what is called ‘scarred tissue’ in medicine?” was the main question of the movie. When a tissue starts to heal it becomes almost normal, but in-sensitive to cold, heat and touch. In this way, Emanuel was passing his days with a lot of difficulties and his heart became insensitive to pain. But the movie also reflects that even scarred hearts are in process to be cured.

The movie is brilliant in its conception. It brings good reflections to the presente society, because the pandemic has caused so suffering that made our hearts insensitive to it. I live in Brazil and our country is passing through a political, economical and sanitary disaster. Despite being really dificulty to find hope, I believe the movie can bring it.

Did you watch the movie, people? What do you think?

0