NOT BUY, BUT LIVE AS A CAPITALISTIC PERSON

lifestyle

I don't like buying things just because it's fun. Actually, I like having new clothes, new books, new things; but when I arrive home I just feel ashamed, I find asking myself "Did you have any motive to buy this?". Normally the answer was no, so I ended shopping just because I liked it.

Recently, I have discovered that someone can also be acting as a capitalist person not only buying but actually working. First of all, I'm not criticizing any economic system, I'm just writing about my own experience.

I like work. I really like being productive. I like waking up with a list of things to do inside my head. I like it very much. In fact, I love it; but that doesn't mean is good for my mental health.

There are people who can actually convene being productive and not being productive: I'm not one of those.

At the very first second, I stop doing something "important" my whole world crumbles down.

Since I was young being productive was equal to being successful in life. Maybe as an adult now I can understand it's not about extremes, you have to find a balance between work and relaxation. But my youth me couldn't see that.

What I'm trying to say? nothing, I just wanted to make you think about your daily habits and why you do like what you do.

Example: It's Easter, I should be resting from my stressful month of exams, but I just can't. Why? Because if I'm not productive I won't be successful. And what happens if I'm not successful? That nobody is going to love me.

Really extreme, true, and irrational, but that's the way our brain works.

I would prefer being a capitalist consumer rather than a capitalistic worker. It's exhausting when your boss is strict, and even more if your boss is yourself.

0