Realistic Drawing

Realistic Drawing

art
drawing
design
hobbies

Hi there! I want to share my experience regarding this fantastic kind of art, perhaps this post can be helpful if you are trying to perfect your drawing skills too.

I've been always fascinated with the idea of depicting something as realistically as possible and capturing its essence.

That was my main motivation when I started to learn how to draw portraits / human figures.

It was really challenging at the beginning, I had to learn all kinds of technical concepts, such as: perspective, proportions, anatomy, etc.

I began to practice daily with a book called "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth" by Andew Loomis, which was an excellent resource.

I tried to replicate all the illustrations from the book countless times.

After a few months I was finally able to make proportionate and accurate sketches.

I also tried out various techniques, but most of the time I use charcoals or soft pastels.

These techniques are really versatile, and you can make all kinds of drawings (portraits, landscapes, animals, etc) with these materials.

Basically this is a very short summary of 5 five years of hard work, drawing has became my favourite Hobby since then.

Also, I'm working on a website to share different types of tutorials and pieces of advice based on my own expierence.

I'm not a professional artist but I'd like to help other people who are beginning to dive into this splendid form of art.

This is my instagram account, feel free to check it out if you want to see my Artwork:

https://www.instagram.com/mnnastrai_art/?hl=es-la

list with the most useful resources I've found for those who are interested:

- "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth" by Andew Loomis.

- "Creative Ilustration" by Andew Loomis.

- "Three-Dimensional [3-Dimensional] Drawing " by Andew Loomis.

- "How to Draw What You See" by Rudy De Reyna

- "jason morgan art" youtube channel with lots of soft pastel tutorials

1